Planning to go to university but worried about the fees? We have already supported109 of Southwark’s most outstanding students to attend university by covering the cost of their university fees. You could be next!
If you think you have what it takes to become a Southwark scholar, find out more and apply online by 30th April 2021.
Who can apply
We welcome your application if you are interested in going to university this year and meet all of the eligibility criteria listed below:
- under 25 years old
- must come from a household with a combined income of less than £25,000 per annum
- proven record of being a resident of Southwark for a minimum of the past 3 years (students placed outside of the borough temporarily by Southwark’s Housing Department are eligible subject to evidence)
- have a legal status in the UK with indefinite leave to remain
- must be entering higher education for the first time in autumn 2021
- must have a proven record of active engagement and positively contributing to the community in Southwark
- must have a good record of academic achievement
- must have a UCAS offer from their chosen university to start the course in autumn 2021
Please visit www.southwark.gov.uk/scholarship for the application link.
The scholarship is only awarded to a limited number of students each year. At each stage of the application process you must meet the eligibility criteria and complete the submissions in full to progress to the next stage.
For further information regarding eligibility, please email [email protected].